The Rosicrucian Fellowship is an organization composed of men and women who are students of the Rosicrucian Philosophy as presented in The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception. This philosophy is known as the Western Wisdom Teaching and presents deep insights into the Christian Mysteries and establishes a meeting-ground of science and religion. Its students are scattered all over the world; but their International Headquarters is located at Oceanside, California, USA.
The Rosicrucian Fellowship has no connection with any other organization. It was launched during the late summer and autumn of 1909, after a course of lectures in Seattle by Mr. Max Heindel. A study center was formed and the Headquarters were temporarily located in that city. Arrangements were also made for publishing The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception. With the issue of this work by the Rosicrucian Fellowship, the Association was definitely started. Study centers had been formed previously in Columbus, Ohio, and North Yakima, Washington. These, with the Seattle Center, constituted the physical beginning of the Fellowship in 1909, as stated in the "Echoes from Mt. Ecclesia," of June 10, 1911, that the permanent International Headquarters was established at Oceanside, California.
The Western Wisdom School teaches that God is the Creator of our solar system and all that exists; that in all nature a slow process of development is constantly carried on with unwavering persistence through repeated embodiments in forms of increasing efficient that the goal of every created thing is perfection, which is ultimately attained by all. It emphasizes the fact that as we sow, so shall we reap, and that it is possible for us to hasten or retard our own soul growth by the way we live. It unfolds the whole plan of creation from the beginning to the end, and gives specific directions how to proceed in order to accomplish the best results in the most effective manner. It throws light on many perplexing passages in the Bible and bridges the chasm between science and religion by making religion scientific and science religious. It makes no statements that are not supported by logic and reason and it invites questions and investigations.
The true teachings of the Rosicrucians are a clear call to rectitude and strength of character, to self-reliance, justice, unflinching courage, to honesty, compassion -- in short, all the sterling qualities of mind and soul which go to make a helper and saviour of men. The Western Wisdom Teachings clarify the essential truths of Christianity: the immaculate, as opposed to the miraculous, conception of Jesus; the duality of Jesus the man and Christ the divine Archangel Who used his vehicles; the supreme Mission of Christ to teach humanity the Gospel of Love, in the absence of which evolution cannot continue, while taking upon Himself the sins of the world by clothing the planet in His sublime desire essence; the operation of the laws of rebirth and consequence, under which humanity must and will individually achieve salvation. This salvation is simply but succinctly defined as the result of knowledge of one's true self and adjusting life to spiritual principles.
The work of the Fellowship is to preach the gospel and heal the sick. This is achieved by making the Western Wisdom Teaching available to all who are ready to receive it and by conducting a Healing Department which enphasizes spiritual healing along with principles of right living. The work of the Fellowship is done through the efforts of its entire membership assisted by Headquarters. Many friends in the world work through Centers which hold classes in the Philosophy and in astrology, the study and teaching of which is an integral part of the work in the Fellowship.
In this building secretaries and workers carry on the basic (except healing) part of the Work by correspondence. Here the incoming mail is received, opened and distributed to the various departments: Philosophy, Esoteric, Astrology, Educational, Editorial, Accounting, Foreign Language Departments and Magazine Circulation.
The Mission style Chapel, also called the Pro-Ecclesia, a picturesque, inviting sanctuary in its setting of trees and shrubs, rests in the heart of the Fellowship, purified and hallowed by years of prayer and devotional servkes. Services are held in the Chapel twice daily, conducted by individual workers of the Fellowship at the beginning of their day's work and again at its close. Morning and evening services have been held in the Chapel every day since its dedication on Christmas Eve, 1913, by the founder of the Rosicrudan Fellowship, Max Heindel. Healing Service, open to all, is held weekly.
The Temple, built of white concrete, is twelve-sided to conform with the twelve signs of the zodiac, which have a direct influence on the restoration and maintenance of health. This building is dedicated entirely to spiritual work, which includes devotional exercises and spiritual healing. Singing and pipe organ music form part of each service.
The Healing Department Building houses the secretaries who handle all correspondence with patients receiving attention from our spiritual Healing Department. This work is carried on principally by means of the aid of the Invisible Helpers, working on the invisible planes during the sleep of the patient. Contact by patients with the Helpers is maintained by a weekly letter to Headquarters.
Rays from the Rose Cross is a 48-page magazine published bi-monthly for the purpose of emphasizing through its articles, stories, and poems, different phases of the Western Wisdom Teachings and their practical application to daily living. It contains the following departments: Editorial; Mystic Light (articles and stories dealing with occult philosophy); Bible Interpretation; Astrology; Reader's Ouestions; News Commentary; Nutrition and Health; Children's Department. Free sample copy on request.
Equipped for printing and binding magazines and pamphlets. It includes two offset presses, photocomposer, power and hand paper cutters, paper and book folders, stapling machine, etc.
The well-equipped dining room takes care of the culinary needs of workers, guests, and visitors. The meals are wholly vegetarian. This room doubles as an auditorium for music performances and gatherings on special occasions.
A free library, consisting of hundreds of good books, religious, scientific, educational, occult, and miscellaneous, will be available to workers and visitors upon the completed digitization of its inventory.
The work is carried on by means of freewill offerings. There has never been a fixed price on our lessons. Our students and friends have always been most generous in contributing to our material necessities.
Visitors are always welcome at Headquarters. Reception area and bookstore are located in the Guest House.
Correspondence courses in Preliminary and Supplementary Philosophy, Bible, and Astrology -- offered on a love offering basis -- are open to all who are not professional hypnotists, mediums, palmists or astrologers.